Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Laughter



I am so thankful for the gift of laughter. People talk about the "terrible twos", but no one told me how much I would laugh having a two year old in the house. "Friday night dance parties" (which involve numerous genres of music and the accompanying dance style) are a highlight of my week. Recently, we were reading "Big Bear Hug"--a book about a bear who hugs everything-- as a family. When we got to a page where the bear hugs a tree and a beaver at the same time, I could not remain composed. I giggled, which made Abi giggle, which made Jodi giggle, and pretty soon the whole family was pretty much in tears. We hadn't laughed that hard in awhile. If you haven't laughed really hard in awhile, may I recommend instituting a Friday Night Dance Party at your house, or reading this book to a toddler, or maybe just renting "What About Bob"? [P.S. I'm also thankful for the Fairfax County and Pikes Peak Libraries].

No comments: