Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A God For Imperfect People

I know I'm a pastor and all, and this is the kind of thing pastors just sit around and think and talk about day and night. But I'm writing here not as a pastor, but as a regular person who can struggle with impatience, or who can worry about the economy, or who can be short with the girls or with Amy, and who last week called a woman an "idiot" in heavy traffic. (The windows were up and she didn't hear me, but I still hope it wasn't anyone reading this blog.)

I'm so SO thankful that God came to this world for people just like me - for imperfect, broken people. It's not that he tolerates imperfect people - HE CAME FOR IMPERFECT PEOPLE. I'm SO grateful that the kind of people in my neighborhood, and the kind of people in my town, and the kind of people on Wall Street and in Iraq are the people that our God came to love and believe in.

I know it probably sounds like pastor talk, but this regular normal man is just overwhelmed by the kind of God that Christ came to show and be to us all.

Brad

No comments: